What is this class about?
This masterclass will teach you how to make realistic hypericum stems out of sugar. Hypericums produce bright yellow flowers in the late summer and autumn, followed by berries in the winter; so it can be a very useful addition to your summer, autumn and winter arrangement repertoire.
The masterclass includes making the flowers, berries and leaves, along with how to assemble a stem of flowers and a stems of berries.
It is comprised of 7 key stages, with each stage broken into easy to follow, step by step lessons. All lessons are narrated and recorded on video so you can stop, start and replay as often as you like.
Is this class for you?
This class has been designed and produced for a sugar florist who has already learned all the basic sugarcrafting skills (eg, how to make a wired flower, how to use coloured gels and pastes, etc) and is looking to advance their sugarcraft skills so that their flowers and foliage look more realistic. If you are in any doubt, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will you learn?
- What to prepare in advance so that your sugarcrafting process runs smoothly and efficiently
- Methods to deeply colour flowerpaste without adversely affecting the flowerpaste
- How to create berries, flowers and leaves that look realistic
- How to use specialist sugar flower tools and equipment
- How to avoid common mistakes
- Lots of professional tips and tricks
What is included?
- Narrated and recorded videos which you can start, stop and pause as many times as you like
- A downloadable quick reference guide which you can print out to save making notes
- Downloadable lists for equipment, materials and templates so you have everything to hand when you start
- Ongoing support and learning through the private Student Facebook group.